Hodgdon Yachts is proud to announce the launch as well as delivery of Hull 413 yacht tender. It is the 413th Hodgdon hull which is also the 3rd tender hull. Hull 413 is a lovely custom limo tender for a prominent European shipyard.
This week HODGDON launched another of the 10.5m MPYD designed Limousine yacht tenders, also for an Oceanco project and has three more custom tenders under construction including two designed by Andrew Winch Designs.
HODGDON’S entré into the superyacht tender world came several years ago in a project led by Florida based Wright Maritime Group. HODGDON was commissioned to build a 10.5 limousine tender and slightly smaller matching open tender for then Oceanco Y706 megayacht Seven Seas.
The success of that Michael Peters Yacht Design (Sarasota, FL) project turned heads in superyacht ports the world over.
HOODGDON has developed several tender concepts ranging from 9.6m to 12.5m in the MPYD aesthetic including an aft helm version and is currently in contract negotiation for several other tenders including from other world class designers.
Hodgdon presented last 2011 a series of artful yacht tenders designed to please not only the discriminating owner with good taste but the crew with high standards as well.
Beautifully designed, artfully styled and expertly built, these tenders are designed to maintain an aesthetic while being optimized for a particular function.
The second pair of yacht tenders are custom designs from Andrew Winch Designs (London, UK) / Hodgdon for a project at a Northern European shipyard. At 8.5m this custom limo tender features a retractable full coverage moon roof, guest head and 30 knots cruising speed from the Volvo D-6/400 power. The open tender, features a beachable ramp to facilitate guest and beach toy deployment. Both boats are slated for an early 2013 delivery.
CUSTOM MEANS CUSTOM
There are lots of opportunities to make these designs yours. Hull and Deck colors, wood trim, leather or fabric, deck treatment or a variety of custom features are “yours to choose”. Or, Hodgdon starts over with custom concept and creates a unique and personal aesthetic.
The direction is up to the clients, the expertise is Hodgdon.
HODGDON YACHTS CUSTOM LIMO TENDER KEY FEATURES / FACTS
- Salon with Tinted windows, water resistant leather upholstery, a roof that raises hydraulically to allow standing headroom for ease of boarding or generous open air ventilation and visibility and of course air conditioning.
- Retractable windows and lift up hatches to allow boarding from either side
- Separate and dedicated crew areas
- Over 15,000 person hours including all of the unique and one off custom details and exceptional quality of finish
- Large flat screen tv in salon
- Custom designed and cast Stainless Steel fittings such as the bow / stem chock piece and the custom stainless steel anchor shaped to fit and recessed in the bow
- Custom stainless steel and compound curved glass windshield
- Custom stainless and teak boarding steps (machine screws were custom ground and polished to make treads)
- Custom stainless steel rub rail detail
- Exceptionally well running hull form
- Built to a quality level to compliment the quality of the mother
- First class electronics, of icom vhf, furuno chart plotter/gps etc.
Superyacht News Related to "Hodgdon’s Hull 413 yacht tender built for a prominent European shipyard launched and delivered"
- Four new custom superyacht tender contracts for Hodgdon Yachts
- Hodgdon ships Hull 413 yacht tender built for a prominent European shipyard
- Hodgdon charter yacht SCHEHERAZADE winner of the Shipyard Cup X
- Feadship – the first Western shipyard to sell a new-built 45m motor yacht to a Chinese Owner
- 78.5m megayacht HAMPSHIRE II (hull 806) by Feadship delivered