The Grand Pavois, international in-water boat show, will be held from 14 to 19 September 2011 at the Port des Minimes in La Rochelle. More than 850 exhibitors are expected on 100,000 m2 of exhibition space. 300 boats will be exhibited afloat among 700 presentations at the show. Thematic spaces for all visitors and Bulgaria – City of Varna as the guest of honour at the 39th edition. “The one for real fans”, the Grand Pavois, offers a unique opportunity to try the boats at sea before purchasing. The Grand Pavois is placed in the Top 5 international boat show afloat.
A few months before the show begins, we can already say that the 39th edition will be a “good one” on the side of news. First, the news of the show, which this year, changes its face and made punchy and innovative choices for its thematic areas. The purpose of such reorganization is to offer exhibitors the opportunity to better showcase their products, to facilitate the movement of visitors and to increase the number of boats on land and those that are available for sea trials.
New development inside the boat show
Besides the fact that the main entrance passes to the west, to be closer to the Press Centre / Pommery Club, the equipments, engines and accessories hall, the large boats and multihulls pontoons and the fishing space that also have migrate to the west.
The other big news this year is the organization of the boats afloat. Indeed the visitor’s favourite space will be this year revolutionized: “Although today 97% of our exhibitors are satisfied with the overall organization of the Grand Pavois, we must, as an organizer of the event, develop and propose new solutions to marine professionals to maximize the visibility of their products and their innovations. We must also meet the expectations of our passionate audience, who comes to the Grand Pavois to discover the World previews, to try the boats at sea and to find concrete answers to their questions. “ stated Alain Pochon, President of the Grand Pavois.
Private marinas and boat available for tests
Big changes for boats afloat. The “Large boats pontoon” that was located Pontoon 15 since 2008, moves to the dock 10 ter, near the new main – West – entrance. The largest available width between the pontoons at this point permits to optimize the exhibitions of large models. The Multihulls pontoon, traditionally at the dock 14, moves at pontoon 10, to stay close to the large boats and to benefit from a larger area of exposure. The pontoon 14 is now dedicated to exhibit other boatyards models and the pontoon 15 will display the wooden boats.
The private marinas: New in 2011! The Grand Pavois offers this year to the exhibitors to own “private marinas”. Trademarks can delimit by transverse pontoons their exhibition space in a way to present their models and ranges all together, with specific reception desks. These “mini-marinas” will be decorated in the colours of the manufacturers.
More boats available for tests
The space for boats available for tests is doubled and forty locations will be offered to exhibitors. The “Grand Pavois Fishing” boats will be located on the same dock near the new location of the Fishing Space.
The exhibitor’s news: + 25% over 2010
To date, the list of new boats given by the exhibitors is up by 25% over 2010. Indeed, at the same period last year we announced 75 new products for 102 today. Whether for powerboats or sailing boats, the 2011 Grand Pavois promises to be set under the sign of innovation and dynamism. Overview…
Focus on Multihulls
- World preview in the multihull category with the splendid JXX38 catamaran by l’Atelier Jaunin father and son. She is made entirely of aluminium and designed by François Lucas, available in three versions among which one sailboat.
- See also the Bamba 50, one very nice trawler that we could seen in the Bassin des Chautiers of La Rochelle in 2010, currently being finalized, she will be presented at the show – pontoon 10 ter. Her modern interior is designed for a maximum liveability while being on one level only.
- The Futura 49 by the German yard Futura Yacht Systems, is a retractable catamaran. She “shrinks” from 8.10 meters to 4.70 meters, which eases her manoeuvring in the port. She is also unsinkable, fast and functional thanks to the separation of housing spaces and the floats to optimize the weight distribution. Futuristic and new design, the hulls that are not habitable are used to store fuel, supplies…. The housing part is located on the central platform. She will undoubtedly be one of the great innovations of the 2011 Grand Pavois.
Sailboats, beautiful models to discover
- AMEL presents its latest, the Amel 55, directly inspired by its big brother the Amel 64. This modern and elegant sailboat has been designed in cooperation with the firm Berret-Racoupeau with the latest and finest fulfilments of the boatyard in terms of performance, comfort and interior design… She is available with one or two aft cabins…
- A new Belgian project by Ionic Yachts will be presented: the Ionic 48. This yacht, designed by Pierre Lallemand in collaboration with Bernard Nivelt is sleek and fluid combining beauty and security “lush deck hatches, running rigging discretely routed under the coach roof and retractable blocks and cleats all contribute to the sleek, uncluttered decks. Aesthetics and safety go hand in hand enabling crew to move about easily and in security.”
- The Océan 35, born thanks to Ronan Guérin, renowned skipper and built according to Plessis / Lucas design by AOC boatyard. This 10.50 meter long cruiser will have a canting keel.
Focus on motor boats
- The latest Dolphy Services, Nimbus 31 nova – hart top version – equipped with a 330 hp Volvo diesel has two cabins and one bathroom. Do not forget to take a look to the rear cockpit … a real “bed” for sun lovers.
- On the side of Ribs and inflatable, Brunswick, Aquastar, Rafale, Apex, Zodiac will present many new models this year… See the 3D Tender FX588, an elegant 5.80 meters made in China thanks to Tanguy Le Bihan’s design. She can easily reach 30 knots with her 60 hp. The Inflatables and RIBs space, always a modern and living space of the Grand Pavois!
- In terms of style, the Polish boatyard Vog will introduce the Galia 700 Sundeck, a beautiful boat that is functional, affordable and comfortable, it is possible to sleep on board for a few days.
- The Finnish shipyard Snip Yachting presents another beautiful motorboat: the Targa 32. Instead of the Targa 31, which bows out, she was lengthened by 35 cm to increase her carrying capacity, she includes an additional tank batteries and one generator …
- See also the last born from Rhéa Marine shipyard that combines comfort and functionality, the 730 fishing which as her name suggests is designed especially for fishermen and is equipped with dual controls, a pool and a trolling valve and the Trawler 43 that will convince – thanks to her autonomy and equipments – travels enthusiasts.
Superyacht News Related to "The Grand Pavois International Boat Show 2011 in a new light"
- 46 Multihull yachts to be present the 2011 Grand Pavois International in-water boat show
- Grand Pavois Boat Show 2011: Bulgaria – City of Varna guests of honour.
- Successful end to the 2010 Grand Pavois Boat Show
- The Grand Pavois International In-water Boat Show 2010
- GRAND PAVOIS 2011: An attractive and Successful Edition