Working with its first Chinese contract for a 52m yacht, Formula Marine has announced that it will supply a full sailing systems control package of rig and deck gear including winches, tracks, standing and running rigging together with the systems power pack.
The yacht is the first sail superyacht to be built in China and will be delivered to an Italian owner as the first in a planned series production. Shanghai Blunauta Yacht Co, is well advanced in the construction of the steel hull and superstructure for this first boat which is to an Italian design and due for delivery in 2012. Formula will construct the mast at its specialist aluminium facility in Holland and work with the owners representatives to supply the most effective sail control package. A Formula team will spend a period of time in China for installation and system testing.
Formula’s Head of Sales Wim Mooiweer, commented, “This is a landmark contract for Formula, China is in its early days of yacht building, and it is a totally different market to that we are used to. But our experience with European and Turkish builders has allowed us to guide and assist the yard in understanding the complexities of rigs of this size. We are looking forward to this being the first of many rigs heading to oriental yards in the future.”
Superyacht News Related to "Formula Marine’s first Chinese contract for a 52m sailing yacht"
- Formula Marine announces new contract with Oyster Marine
- Formula Marine to present unique F² Automatic Furling for sailing yachts at Monaco Yacht Show
- Formula Marine to supply rigging for 43m Sailing yacht Ketch by Mengi Yay
- Formula Marine showcases capabilities at Monaco Yacht Show
- METS 2010: Formula Marine introduces unique carbon and wood masts