One of Europe’s leading mast builders, Formula Marine, has announced a contract win to supply a full rigging package for a 43 metre Ketch, being built at the Mengi Yay shipyard in Turkey. The 43m Sailing yacht Ketch by
Mengi Yay will feature a sailing system that includes aluminium masts with Park Avenue custom made booms as well as a standing and running rigging package. Formula Marine will construct the mast at its specialist aluminium facility in Holland before its experienced team spend time in the Turkish shipyard to install and test the systems.
In addition to the 43m Mengi Yay Ketch, which is expected to be delivered in summer 2012, Formula Marine is the preferred partner to deliver packages for a further two Mengi Yay superyachts, likely to be 50 metre plus sailing yacht projects requiring aluminium masts.
Commenting on the new contract, Formula’s Head of Sales Wim Mooiweer said: “Formula Marine has vast experience working with Turkish shipyards and has previously worked closely with Mengi Yay on an aluminium package for a 45 metre schooner. The confidence that Mengi Yay has in Formula is reflected in this new three boat deal and we look forward to further developing our relationship with them.”
Below is an image Gallery of some yachts built by Mengi Yay
Superyacht News Related to "Formula Marine to supply rigging for 43m Sailing yacht Ketch by Mengi Yay"
- Formula Marine to present unique F² Automatic Furling for sailing yachts at Monaco Yacht Show
- Formula Marine showcases capabilities at Monaco Yacht Show
- Formula Marine announces new contract with Oyster Marine
- New Extreme 40m sailing yacht by Ginton Naval Architects and Guido de Groot built by Mengi Yay
- Mengi Yay 40m sailing yacht EXTREME designed by Jaron Ginton and Guido de Groot due to be delivered in Spring 2013