Ginton Naval Architects and Mengi Yay have signed a contract to design and build a new 40m sailing yacht. The construction of the superyacht has already begun at Mengi Yay’s yard in Tuzla, Turkey, managed by Yacht Marine. The sloop rigged luxury sailing yacht measures 40m and is being called the Extreme 40 sailing yacht. It features exterior design and architecture by Ginton Naval Architects with interior design by Guido de Groot.
The 40m Sloop to be built by Mengi Yay will be able to accommodate up to twelve guests in six luxurious staterooms with seven crew members. The Extreme 40 sail yacht by Mengi Yay will boast a spacious saloon on the main deck with a dining area and a semi-open wheelhouse. The aft deck will have a large seating area with a bar, dining table and lounging space. When the transom door is opened, part of the aft deck will lower to create an expansive swim platform and watersports area for guests to enjoy.
The ‘Extreme 40′ superyacht will have a steel hull and an aluminum superstructure will be built to RINA and Maltese Commercial Class. The Extreme 40 yacht will be able to attain a speed of approximately 14-knots thanks to a pair of CAT C-18 engines. The New Extreme 40m sailing yacht by Ginton Naval Architects and Guido de Groot built by Mengi Yay will feature a furling boom and an aluminium mast which towers 52 metres above the waterline.
Superyacht News Related to "New Extreme 40m sailing yacht by Ginton Naval Architects and Guido de Groot built by Mengi Yay"
- Mengi Yay 40m sailing yacht EXTREME designed by Jaron Ginton and Guido de Groot due to be delivered in Spring 2013
- 50m Jongert 500 LE motor yacht Bn433 by Azure Naval Architects and Guido de Groot
- Guido de Groot designed sailing yacht AXONITE 92 by K&M Yachtbuilders
- Exclusive interview with luxury super yacht designer Guido de Groot of Guido de Groot Design
- 100m Sailing Yacht 380 by Dubois Naval Architects