Raonhaje, a South Korean company has created a compact an Easy-to-Use compact Semi Submarine called EGO. Designed to operate with minimal training, the submersible is electric powered and is controlled by a foot accelerator pedal, a steering wheel and a switch for moving forwards and backwards. The EGO Semi Submarine would be a great addition to the list of watersport toys on any superyacht.
The EGO submersible is made up of two floating hulls that remain on the surface of the water and a cabin that sits below the waterline. The underwater compartment is entered via a trapdoor and ladder on the Submarine topside.
The EGO Semi Submarine by Raonhaje can reach a speed of around 5 knots powered by 12 8-volt marine batteries and can run for 6-10 hours on a single battery charge. In addition to being more ecologically sustainable, the electric design also enables the craft to bypass restrictions on entry into protected marine environments.
There is an LCD monitor in the cabin that is linked to a high resolution camera on top of the vessel, so passengers can see the view above the waterline.
The EGO’s windows are constructed of special acrylic materials widely used in aquariums which are able to withstand water pressure and enable light transmission for better visibility. The model is available in a range of colours, including French Rose, Lime Green and pink.
The two seater EGO, which made its debut at the Miami boat show in mid-February, will be available to buy from October 2011. Raonhaje are also currently working on a four-seater model.
Superyacht News Related to "EGO: The Easy-to-Use Semi Submarine by Raonhaje"
- U-Boat Worx Launch a new C-Explorer Submarine Line
- Benetti Supreme BS001 semi-displacement motor yacht by Benetti Yachts
- Yacht FX is the Winner of the BEST SEMI-DISPLACEMENT OR PLANING MOTOR YACHT 30m – 39m at World Superyacht Awards 2010
- Heesen Yacht CELESTIAL HOPE is BEST SEMI-DISPLACEMENT OR PLANING MOTOR YACHT 40M+ in the 2010 World Superyacht Awards
- The World First Two-Man Planing Submarine Q-Sub 2400 almost completed