For the third year running, the Dennis Conner’s North Cove superyacht marina in NYC is pleased to host the ten boat Clipper Round the World Yacht Race Fleet this week. The boats are impressive 72 ft yachts, racing around the world from port to port.
There is a great amount of activity around the docks. Each boat is crewed by 18 sailors. Tuesday is change over day with some of the old crew depart and new crew arrives. On Sunday, the fleet did their own mini-parade from the Statue of Liberty to North Cove to mark Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee.
What makes this race unique is that the crew is made up of average people who decide to go for it. They buy a spot for one or more legs and then head off to sea!
The Clipper Fleet will stay in the marina until Thursday when the race restarts.
Superyacht News Related to "Dennis Conner’s North Cove hosts Clipper Round the World Yacht Race Fleet"
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Day 1 – Fleet in San Francisco Bay for the start line
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Day 9 – Fleet compressed by a concertina effect
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Race 11 from Panama to New York – Arrivals
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Day 14 – Half of the fleet completed the Ocean Sprint
- The Clipper Round the World Yacht Race flotilla saluted Queen from New York