Compositeworks has introduced carbon offsetting for its superyacht refit clients, as part of its continuing emphasis on improved environmental practice. It is working in partnership with specialists Yacht Carbon Offset.
The shipyard in La Ciotat now invites all superyacht refit clients to carbon offset the electricity used during their time in the yard. Compositeworks will match the action of participating clients, by itself offsetting an equivalent amount of electricity.
Ben Mennem, Managing Director of Compositeworks said: “We, like our clients, are conscious of the need for high environmental standards, and we think it is important to do our bit to help reduce net greenhouse gas emissions. We are pleased to be working with Yacht Carbon Offset to deliver a service that is tailored to the requirements of our superyacht clients.”
Yacht Carbon Offset’s Managing Director Mark Robinson added: “We are delighted to be partnering with Compositeworks, who have welcomed carbon offsetting within their strategy of best environmental practice. Together with the strong support from leading superyachts, this is another example of the increasing focus on carbon emissions in the yachting industry.”
For more information on how the carbon footprint of your yacht can be Offset, on Yacht Carbon Offset’s Lloyds Register Quality Assurance Certification, and summaries of our carbon-saving projects, visit www.yachtcarbonoffset.com
Superyacht News Related to "Compositeworks invites superyacht refit clients to carbon offset shore power."
- Marina Barcelona 92’s continued leadership through Yacht Carbon Offset
- Ocean Empire LSV by Sauter Carbon Offset Design – The World’s First Self Sufficient Zero Carbon Superyacht.
- Sauter Carbon Offset Design Introduces Superyacht Transcendence, the world’s first Zero Carbon Megayacht
- The World’s First Zero Carbon ´Emax Super Marine 45´ Superyacht Tender by Sauter Carbon Offset Design
- The Super Nova 60 m Superyacht by Sauter Carbon Offset Design – the Worlds First Carbon Neutral Megayacht