The ten 68-foot matched ocean racing yachts competing in the Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race continue their battle for victory in Race 11 from Panama to New York. At the same time, the battle to gain an extra point and cross the Ocean Sprint in the fastest time has officially started.
Visit Finland has re-claimed its lead in the last 24 hours and was the first team to start the Ocean Sprint, crossing the start line at Latitude 28 degrees north and 30 degrees north at 01:22:19 UTC. Hot on their heels was Edinburgh Inspiring Capital, just three miles behind the Finnish entry, crossing the latitude line at 04:31:35 UTC.
As each of the yachts enters the Ocean Sprint phase at the set latitudes the skippers are required to report their position and time to the Clipper Race Office within three hours of crossing each of the relevant lines. The winner to finish in the fastest time is awarded one point.
With just one point separating fifth place Welcome to Yorkshire and sixth place New York on the leader board, all of the teams will be working hard to be the fastest yacht to the Ocean Sprint finish line and claim that valuable extra point, as the overall leader board remains tight.
Superyacht News Related to "Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Visit Finland first to begin the Race 11 Ocean Sprint"
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Race 11 – Day 6: A tactical gamble pays off for Visit Finland
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Day 8 – Visit Finland and New York in battle for second place
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Day 15 – New York wins Ocean Sprint
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Day 14 – Half of the fleet completed the Ocean Sprint
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Day 12 – Three teams start Ocean Sprint battle