The ten yachts competing in the 2012 Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race continue to concentrate their efforts on winning podium positions into New York. At the moment in seventh place, Singapore has finished the 120 mile Ocean Sprint in 12H 45M 28S gaining the team one vital point, subject to the Race Committee verifying the result.
The quietly confident skipper of the Singaporean entry Ben Bowley, says, “Finally things are starting to look up for the crew of our ‘Big Red Bus’. We have spent the day charging along at excellent speed in a decent band of pressure making ground on pretty much the entire fleet. It’s been superb to see our westerly tactics start to come to fruition and we hope to keep eroding into the front runners’ leads over the coming 24 hours.”
While Gold Coast Australia has taken the lead back in Race 11 overnight, Visit Finland is in second position and Edinburgh Inspiring Capital in third. With only a few miles separating the frontrunners, the vital podium points are still being fought for.
Superyacht News Related to "Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Race 11 – Day 10: Ocean Sprint point won by Singapore"
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Visit Finland first to begin the Race 11 Ocean Sprint
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Day 15 – New York wins Ocean Sprint
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Day 14 – Half of the fleet completed the Ocean Sprint
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Day 12 – Three teams start Ocean Sprint battle
- Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race: Race 11 – Day 12: Ultimate podium battle