With international delegations coming and hundreds of top exhibitors to be involved a multi-million dollar display across land as well as water, this year’s Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show (SCIBS) is charged and set to celebrate 25 dynamic years. The event will run from Thursday, May 23 to Sunday, May 26, being open daily from 9am until 5pm.
Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show 2010
Filling Sanctuary Cove’s sparkling marina and vibrant Marine Village, SCIBS is recognised as the leading marine showcase in the Asia Pacific creating strong opportunities for the Australian marine industry.
One of only four boat shows across Asia Pacific to be a member of the International Federation of Boat Show Organisers (IFBSO), the Show will host delegations this year from China, United Arab Emirates, USA, Italy, Taiwan and Korea.
Sanctuary Cove’s Sales, Sponsorships and Events Manager, Johan Hasser, said it was fantastic to feel the vibrant buzz in the air as exhibitors get set to launch their products to Australian and global markets. “In an economic sense, the Show opens up superb opportunities for marine exhibitors as it is recognised as the place where those in the industry across the globe, meet to do business,” he said. “As well, the benefits cascade to the tourism industry. Being one of the leading international events on the Gold Coast it has injected millions into the tourism industry across the years.”
New national launches just confirmed include the Sunseeker Manhattan 53 and Bavaria Vision 42. They join several others including All4Solar’s international release of the world’s first solar powered cruising catamaran project – fully designed and developed in Australia, Maritimo 50, multi-award winning J/70 Sportsboat from YachtSpot, Horizon P110 Tri Deck yacht and Grand Banks 47 Heritage EU, Sessa C38, Jeanneau 509 and Jeanneau DS 44 and Lagoon Yachts newly styled 400×2.
Bavaria Vision 42 Yacht cruising
The diversity of product at this year’s Show has expanded to satisfy visitors and covers everything from imported deck shoes and marine chandlery, the latest in electronic navigation and gadgetry, engines, anchors, seals/coatings, rigging, paddleboards and kayaks to trailerable boats, sailboats and power launches/superyachts.
The Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show is a major sponsor of the Club Marine, Australian Export & Superyacht Awards to be held at the InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, Tuesday evening May 21.
To celebrate 25 years SCIBS has a line-up of exceptional family entertainment and exciting prizes to be won.
• The very popular Women on Water program returns: cruises are selling quickly with Saturday, May 25 sold out, spaces still available on Sunday, May 26.
• Jet Pack Adventure’s power packed Jet Lev demonstrations
• Action on-water with the Queensland Water Police tactical response boats
• Stand Up Paddle Board demonstrations
• Cooking demonstrations with Club Marine’s Bart Beek and MKR’s 2013 season finalists Jake and Elle
• Energetic concert performances by X-Factor 2012 top twelve finalist Carmelo Munzone
• Kids Zone with face painting, fishing, and bumper boats. World Record Holder Andrew Abrahams will be at Kids Zone each day. Andrew is rowing 5,000 nautical miles solo in the Talisker Whiskey Atlantic Challenge to raise $500,000 for disadvantaged children in our community
Prizes to be won:
To celebrate the 25th Anniversary year there are numerous prizes to be won including:
• Hayman on the Great Barrier Reef-Three nights’ accommodation for two people in a Lagoon Suite at Hayman when purchasing tickets online before 23 May.
• Sea Cloud Cruises in conjunction with Cove Travel – Win a seven night Sea Cloud cruise for two people aboard a traditional Windjammer. Prize includes airfares.
• Maritimo – win an “Experience Maritimo package” – Accommodation for 4 people, 4 nights on a skippered Luxury Maritimo and includes one day fishing off the Gold Coast, a ride for one person on a Maritimo offshore race team race boat, VIP tour of the multi award winning Maritimo manufacturing facilities
• The Great Escape Charter Company – win a Seven night Southern Kimberly Adventure Cruise for 2 people.