One of the new projects presented at the 2012 Monaco Yacht Show press conference, held by the well known Italian brand Benetti, is the 88-metre motor yacht HELIOS exclusively designed by Axis – Horacio Bozzo Design for Benetti Design Innovation Project. Superyacht HELIOS is one of the projects created by 16 well known designers for Benetti Custom Yachts ranging from 50 to 90 plus metres.
HELIOS is an 88 meter (288 feet) Superyacht with clean, modern and sleek exterior lines. The aim of the project was to design a yacht that despite of her considerable size still looks as a family yacht. We have avoided massive superstructures giving her six decks and ample exterior spaces with relaxing areas.
One of the innovative features is the unusual location of the stairs going from the swimming platform to the main deck. They have been shifted forward leaving an unobstructed balcony area right on the aft main deck. The low and wide hull shape in the stern changes into an aggressive profile towards the bow giving luxury yacht Helios a muscular look.
HELIOS yacht is an efficient full displacement motoryacht designed to accommodate 12+2 guests on board and 29 crew. Powered by twin 3516B Caterpillar engines of 2525 kW and controllable pitch propellers she can achieve 18+ knots with a trans-pacific range of 6000 nautical miles.
Superyacht News Related to "88m Motor Yacht HELIOS by Axis – Horacio Bozzo Design for Benetti Design Innovation Project"
- Axis Group designed 88m motor yacht HELIOS concept in exclusive for the Benetti ‘Design Innovation Project’ revealed at 2012 MYS
- Video of the BENETTI DESIGN INNOVATION project presented at the 2012 MYS
- Motor yacht Essence by Kingship and Horacio Bozzo of Axis Group Yacht Design
- Motor yacht CLOUD 90 project designed by Marco Casali for the “Benetti Design Innovation Project”
- Motor yacht PRINCIPESSA 72 project designed by Marco Casali for the “Benetti Design Innovation Project”