Ocean Yacht Systems (OYS) are delighted to announce they are now contracted to supply the new Perini Navi 60m series vessels with their latest RDE (Rim Driven Electric) thruster. The first model from these successful series to be fitted with the OYS thurster will be the sailing yacht hull C.2193. The hull C.2193 superyacht is due to be delivered in 2013.
Launched at the Monaco Yacht Show 2011, the RDE has been welcomed into the marketplace as a quieter and lighter alternative to other electric thrusters available. With the propeller as the only moving part, there is no need for expensive rim bearings or watertight seals which save weight, cost and improve the reliability.
Perini Navi luxury yacht hull c.2193 will be installed with a RDE-0650-S-090, which is a 90kw/120hp swing deploying thruster and will be delivered to the yard in Viareggio towards the close of 2012 where she will be fitted out and completed ready for handover.
“We have a close relationship with Perini Navi,” comments Mark Barwell, Sales Director for OYS. “We pride ourselves on finding customised solutions and it is great that we are now extending the offerings of OYS to Perini Navi. We are looking forward to working with them more on our thruster range.”
Superyacht News Related to "60m Perini Navi superyacht hull C.2193 to be fitted with thruster by Ocean Yacht Systems"
- The first 60m Perini Navi Sailing Yacht – Hull C.2193 – arrives in Viareggio
- The first hull of the new 60m Perini Navi series – Sailing Yacht C.2193 arrives in Viareggio, Italy
- Hull of the 60m Perini Navi sailing yacht C. 2218 turned
- Hull of the first 60m Perini sailing yacht C.2193 has been turned
- Perini Navi sailing yacht C.2173 hull turned