The first annual Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show starts this week, boasting Cruisers University as well as the Annapolis Nautical Flea Market. Produced by the same company that organises well known fall shows, these combined events are expected to become another must-attend Annapolis tradition.
Great Boats on Display
The show features an exciting lineup of 100 exhibitors on land and 60 sailboats for your inspection. Displayed boats include such as builders like Bavaria, Tayana, Hanse, Passport, Leopard, Hunter, Jeanneau, Fountaine Pajot, Lagoon,
Gemini, Southerly, Hylas, Island Packet, Catalina, Tartan, Oyster, J-Boat, Shannon, Beneteau, Isara, Gozzard, Jaguar, TomCat and many others.
New boats and late model brokerage boats, both mono-hull and multi-hull will be available. The event is being staged in historic downtown Annapolis along City Dock and “Ego Alley,” the surrounding city parking areas, and Susan Campbell Park. Admission is $10 for adults, $4 for youth 7-12, and free for children 6 and under.
Valuable Door Prizes
• Marine Max Charters: A one-week BVI sailing charter.
• Complete Coastal Sailing Set – brand new Helly Hansen crew tactician jacket, crew coastal trousers, crew mid-layer jacket, base-layer set, and a 50 liter waterproof bag to put all your gear in. Prize valued at $800.00.
• Maui Jim Sunglasses: value $179, courtesy of Shades of the Bay.
• Framed limited edition print of Chesapeake Bay valued at $495 courtesy of Alan James Robinson.
• Dinner for two at Pusser’s.
Free Boat Slip
One lucky boat buyer will win a one-year seasonal boat slip rental at Annapolis Landing Marina on Back Creek, Annapolis, MD. For a boat purchased, contracted, and closed immediately following the weekend of April 27-29, 2012, the buyer will win the use of a slip for that boat in this high quality marina. Certain restrictions apply.
Free Cruising Destinations Seminars:
This series of interesting travelogue presentations will be available at the Annapolis Rec Center, across the street from the Marriott on Saturday and Sunday, 11am-3pm.
Topics and presenters include:
Cruising the Caribbean – Windwards & Leewards by Liza Copeland
Cuba – The Forbidden Paradise by Wally Moran
Cruising the US and Canadian Canals by Peter and Cathy Trogdon
Cruising the Great Lakes and North Channel by Dennis Lautner and Ann Drury
The Bahamas – Cruising the Abacos by Pam Wall
The Bahamas – Cruising the Exumas by Kathy Parsons and Pam Wall
Cruising the Northern Chesapeake by Captain Rob Chichester
Cruising the Southern Chesapeake by Captain Rob Chichester
Cruising the ICW by Wally Moran
The visitors to the show can visit the stands of Bavaria Yachts, Farr Yacht Design engineering, and see boats delivered to owner’s specifications through Bavaria’s Factory Direct business model. Also, they can learn more about the exciting new Vision 46 and Cruiser 50 models arriving in Annapolis in the next two months.
The third annual Annapolis Nautical Flea Market will be open for business Saturday and Sunday of the sailboat show weekend. One $10 ticket covers entry into both the flea market and boat show, or pay just $5 for the flea market only.
There will also be the SpinSheet’s annual Crew Listing Party, taking place at the Eastport Maritime Museum on Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 4pm. The visitors can enjoy the show, and then attend the party.
Superyacht News Related to "The 1st annual Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show to start this week"
- The First Annual Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show to feature Cruisers University
- The 1st Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show, April 27-29, 2012
- The 2nd annual Singapore Yacht Show to start this week
- 2012 Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show to start next week
- Sneak Peek at the 65th Annual Seattle Boat Show