The world-renowned designer Bill Dixon and the JFA design office are currently developing a new 164´ explorer motor yacht in aluminium. One of the main prerequisites for this new superyacht project is to build a 164´ state-of-the-art explorer yacht with volume smaller than 500 GT.
A major effort was made to develop a yacht with low consummation and high autonomy. Aluminum was chosen for the construction because of its light weight and low maintenance. The interior design will also be modern.
Naval Architect, Bill Dixon, said: “The new 164´ superyacht design for JFA shipyard represents Dixon Yacht Design’s vision for a modern exploration vessel. With the design teams experience also in large sailing Superyachts, one can see the influence that this has brought to the design with its emphasis on a long waterline length and aluminium construction to reduce displacement resulting in a lower resistance hull form resulting in an increased range for a given speed.”
“With the emphasis on the efficiencies of a long waterline, the hull and superstructure volumes have been optimised to keep the resulting design under the 500 GT. The resulting superstructure is less dominant than typical sub 500GT designs, which should result in a more comfort and stability. The interior plan and deck layout will emphasise a design with exploring and cruising at its heart.”
Technical Specifications of the 164´ Explorer Motor Yacht
Superyacht News Related to "New 164´ Explorer Motor Yacht by JFA Yachts and Bill Dixon Design"
- Introducing the Sencora 52M motor yacht by SENCORA Yachts and Bill Dixon Design
- CMC Yachts 30m Explorer Motor Yacht E30 created by SABDES Design
- Bill Dixon ‘Yacht Designer of the Year’ at Asian Marine and Boating Awards 2011
- 24m explorer motor yacht Bering 24 designed by Sabdes Superyacht Design for Bering Yachts
- 120ft Motor yacht Crystal by Dixon Yacht Design launched by Moonen Yachts